The answer is……….in many different ways as below:
- We can help investigate, identify and quantify fraud and malfeasance committed by directors of companies in receivership or liquidation
- We can trace absconding directors, bankrupts or ex-employees and their assets. Our team have traced more than £500m in assets over the last five years all over the world!
- We can assist IPs and solicitors during the recovery process in the service and implementation of legal documents to include Freezing Orders, Search & Seize Orders. General Legal Support services
- Protection of Assets
- Close protection for directors
- Computer forensics. We can arrange for imaging and analysis of computer systems where fraud or malfeasance has occurred or is suspected
- Collection of book debts. We can help maximise the realization of assets at an early stage. This helps to support the ongoing liquidation/receivership and provide funds for further recovery processes
- Investigations into activities of shadow directors
How did we acquire such specialised expertise?
The principal, Keith Stowell has operated a very successful investigation business since the early 70s. His company, then known as FDB International Ltd., was acquired by the Begbies Traynor Group in 2005. Whilst continuing to service his existing clients, Keith built a specialist insolvency-related investigation unit to serve the 50+ offices of the BT Group. In 2010 for various reasons Keith separated from BTG and now continues to serve his clients under the above company. Keith has retained his whole team who between them have unrivalled experience in the areas outlined above.
We have built up a unique knowledge of asset location and recovery across the globe. There is a great variance of methodology worldwide in accessing information such as property ownership and values, business investments, adverse information and location of other assets such as valuables, vehicles, boats, aeroplanes etc. Below are listed the countries in which we have worked over the last twelve months:
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
- Channel Isles
- Czech Republic
Insolvency Service Contract
SIRS are proud to announce that, as from April 2014, they were awarded a four year contract to provide a range of investigative services to the Insolvency Service. In particular, professional back up is provided to the Official Receiver Services, Investigation and Enforcement Services, and Business Services Division departments of the Insolvency Service offices throughout the UK.
The contract was awarded through an EU Tender, with the award decision having been made on 17th March 2014.